|[Licence| Download | New Version Template] aduy_v3_0.tar.gz(1237 Kbytes)|
|Manuscript Title: Model-Driven Development for scientific computing. An upgrade of the RHEEDGr program.|
|Authors: Andrzej Daniluk|
|Program title: RHEEDGR-09|
|Catalogue identifier: ADUY_v3_0|
Distribution format: tar.gz
|Journal reference: Comput. Phys. Commun. 180(2009)2394|
|Programming language: Code Gear C++ Builder.|
|Computer: Intel Core Duo-based PC.|
|Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7.|
|RAM: more than 1 MB|
|Supplementary material: The figures, mentioned in the "Summary of revisions" section, can be obtained here.|
|Keywords: Reflection high-energy electron diffraction (RHEED), UML, Model-Driven Development (MDD), Model-Driven Architecture (MDA), Model-Driven Engineering (MDE).|
|PACS: 02.60.Cb, 61.14.Hg.|
|Classification: 4.3, 7.2, 6.2, 8, 14.|
Does the new version supersede the previous version?: Yes
Nature of problem:
Reflection high-energy electron diffraction (RHEED) is a very useful technique for studying growth and surface analysis of thin epitaxial structures prepared by the molecular beam epitaxy (MBE). The RHEED technique can reveal, almost instantaneously, changes either in the coverage of the sample surface by adsorbates or in the surface structure of a thin film.
The calculations are based on the use of a dynamical diffraction theory in which the electrons are taken to be diffracted by a potential, which is periodic in the dimension perpendicular to the surface.
Reasons for new version:
Responding to the user feedback the graphical version of the RHEED program has been upgraded to C++0x language standards. Also, functionality and documentation of the program have been improved.
Summary of revisions:
* The figures mentioned can be downloaded, see "Supplementary material" above.
- Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) is the approach defined by the Object Management Group (OMG) for software development under the Model-Driven Engineering framework . The MDA approach shifts the focus of software development from writing code to building models. By adapting a model-centric approach, the MDA approach hopes to automate the generation of system implementation artifacts directly from the model. The following three models are the core of the MDA: (i) the Computation Independent Model (CIM), which is focused on basic requirements of the system, (ii) the Platform Independent Model (PIM), which is used by software architects and designers, and is focused on the operational capabilities of a system outside the context of a specific platform, and (iii) the Platform Specific Model (PSM), which is used by software developers and programmers, and includes details relating to the system for a specific platform. Basic requirements for the calculation of the RHEED intensity rocking curves in the one-beam condition have been described in Ref. . Figure 1* shows the PIM for the present version of the program. Figure 2* presents the PSM for the program.
- The TGraph2D.bpk package has been recompiled to Graph2D0x.bpl and upgraded according to C++0x language standards. Figure 3* shows the PSM of the Graph2D component, which is manifested by the Graph2D0x.bpl package presently. This diagram is a graphic presentation of the static view, which shows a collection of declarative model elements and their relationships. Installation instructions of the Graph2D0x package can be found in the new distribution.
- The program requires the user to provide the appropriate parameters for the crystal structure under investigation. These parameters are loaded from the parameters.ini file at run-time. Instructions for the preparation of the .ini files can be found in the new distribution.
- The program enables carrying out one-dimensional dynamical calculations for the fcc lattice, with a two-atoms basis and fcc lattice, with one atom basis but yet the zeroth Fourier component of the scattering potential in the TRHEED1D::crystPotUg() function can be modified according to users' specific application requirements.
- A graphical user interface (GUI) for the program has been reconstructed.
- The program has been compiled with English/USA regional and language options.
The program is distributed in the form of main projects RHEEDGr_09.cbproj and Graph2D0x.cbproj with associated files, and should be compiled using Code Gear C++ Builder 2009 compilers.
The typical running time is machine and user-parameters dependent.
| ||OMG, Model Driven Architecture Guide Version 1.0.1, 2003 (http://www.omg.org/pub/docs/omg/03-06-01.pdf).|
| ||A. Daniluk, Comput. Phys. Comm. 166 (2005) 123.|